Touch probes for machine tools
Touch probes from HEIDENHAIN were conceived for use on machine tools—in particular milling machines and machining centers. Touch probes help to reduce setup times, increase machine usage time and improve the dimensional accuracy of the fi nished workpieces. Setup, measuring and monitoring functions can be performed manually or—in conjunction with most CNC controls—under program control.
Benefits of HEIDENHAIN touch probes
- High probe repeatability
- High probe velocity
- No wear thanks to contact-free optical switch and high-accuracy pressure sensor.
- High repeatability over a long period
- Noise-free signal transmission by cable, radio or infrared beam
- Optical status indicator
- Integrated flusher/blower on infrared touch probes
- Effective energy saving mode